Friday, October 04, 2013

Quettandil

This will be going on my About page soon, but I wanted to give it its own post, too. Not sure how soon I'll be adding it to About, as there are other changes I want to make, and I'm not sure yet how I'm going to integrate the pieces. But regardless, here it is!


I think about my feelings and feel about my thoughts. I don't believe thought and feeling are opposed. My sister Melanie appropriated a word for people like us: Geeks. Not all geeks are Geeks (and I'm more a nerd, myself); but it's about the closest term to hand. Hi, my name is Marcy, and I'm Quettandil, Word Lover.

I want to write holistically. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend; but I and my world encompass more than those roles, and I am also a bibliophile, writer, polyglot, singer, runner. I'm trying to tell some of the stories involved in becoming a new mother, but I think I would write a horrible mommy blog.

I believe in integration. I write for myself, because I have to. I try and I hope to write for you as well. These things don't have to be opposed, either. Though  I do it for myself, I hope my writing is not selfish. I tell my story to let you know you're not alone.

I am a story lover, storyteller, collector, creator. I hope.

I hope, I hope, I hope.

If I'm doing this wrong, Quettandil's focus is a lack of focus; if right, the focus is integration, especially in being Word Lover. (Books! Thoughts! Feelings!)

Please, will you tell me a story?

No comments :